Cork Printmakers, Ireland
1 Місяць безкоштовного членства та користування приміщеннями друкарської студії Cork Printmakers із вступом до роботи, навчанням, технічною підтримкою та бюджетом матеріалів. Надається житло з власною кухнею.Витрати на проїзд у межах Ірландії, до/з Корка, на початку та в кінці перебування. Художникам, які мають право працювати в ЄС, буде запропоновано винагороду художнику.
Deadline to Apply: 12noon Monday 5th April 2022
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Artist in Residence at Cork Printmakers across June, July and August, 2022. There are six residencies available in total, as part of our EU funded project In From The Margins.
The residencies aim to be an empowering platform for artists who have experienced displacement to develop their practice, to experiment with printmaking, to make new connections within their host communities, and for their work to be professionally produced, exhibited and viewed by a wider audience.
During the residency, artists will be supported by the Studio Managers to produce work and progress their practice. Artists will also work with the Project Manager to plan the best way to publicly share their experience, practice and/or showcase their work; and will give input on developing engagement and outreach activities with refugee, asylum seeker, displaced and migrant communities as well as local schools.
• Where editions are created, one work per artist will be retained for the archive at Cork Printmakers.
• All residency activities will follow the Irish Government Covid-19 guidelines.
• Participating artists will be subject to an artist's contract.
Support for each artist will include:
• One month free membership and usage of Cork Printmakers print studio facilities, with induction, training, technical support and a materials budget.
• Self-catering accommodation provided.
• Travel costs within Ireland, to/from Cork, at the beginning and end of the residency.
• Artists who have the right to work in the EU will be offered an Artist Fee.
To be considered you must meet all four criteria, applicants must:
• Be an artist who identifies as an asylum seeker, refugee or with experience of displacement.
• Be an individual artist or a collaborative group of six artists or less.
• Preferably have previous experience of printmaking or have an artistic practice that involves printmaking but other disciplines will also be considered.
• Be over 18 years and living in Ireland at the time of application.